Sunday 14 February 2010

End of evaluation Self Evaluation

What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?
I believe my time management skills have improved throughtout this module giving myself time to print etc and organising time for research and production of final products.
Within the module we have been given workshops which have allowed us to gain knowledge on Final Cut and also book binding where we were shown basic skills and a range of uses for these. I am now able to create a PDFpresentation which helped me with a project within the module.
For the 100 project I believe I developed my hand drawn type skills as I drew out 100 phrases with the same typeface allowing me to improve as I go. By scanning these in and re-arranging them and inserting into net etc I think I have also developed my Photoshop skills.

What approaches to/ methods of research have you developed and how have they informed your development process?
Over the christmas period we were asked to gain 100 opinions and so I tried out different approaches to reseach such as internet surveys and yahoo answers to gain a wide range of opinions. These methods paved the way for my project as I based it on quotes and phrases people had given me about the bad things about Christmas. Also for the What If... project we gave out questionnaires and also made a phone call to the local youth centre to ask their views, this is a method of research I have never uysed before and it proved to be very helpful.

What strenths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise these?
I think I have done a sufficient amount of research to back up my projects although it probably could probably never me enough to inform decisions.

What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these more fully?
Within this module I believe we struggled to work together as a group in the What If.. project, therefore this was a large weakness and most likely affected our work. Also when it comes to end products and packaging I believe my work lacks a professional finish and could be improved throught printing etc.

Identify five things that you will do different next time and what do you exprect to gain from doing this?
Next time I would like to hopfully try and involve everyone in group discussions and work no matter how difficult it is to work with people.
Also if I am struggliong with work or need advice I want to ask for guidance.
Try out new things I have never used before, new software and ways of producing work, Final cut etc.

How would you grade yourself on the follwing areas:
Attendance- 5
Punctuality-5
Motivation- 4
Commitment-4
Quantiy of work produced- 3
Quality of work produced-3
Contribution to the group-3

No comments:

Post a Comment