Sunday 7 February 2010

Collection 100 Development

After the crit I was given more direction on where to go, specifically identifying my audience as old people, most likely men, allowed me to come up with a more structured idea with a clear focus on who I am aiming it at.

I decided to create a range of products for old men, using the quotes and phrases I have gathered from my research and using the same type/illustrative style.
I looked at old man patterns like gingham and tweed and suitable colours which would be appropriate for them.

For the gift tags and crackers I looked at a few different stocks I could use and found the most appropriate to be this thick brown paper which would allow me to print the black designs on and still be visible.

For the wrapping paper I considered using plain blank paper and getting my design put onto it, but then realised brown parcel paper would be most appropriate as the colour and texture is would suit the audience. I picked ten designs for the wrapping paper which were slightly humorous and light hearted and printed these on to A2 sheets of parcel paper, above is a small A4 mock up of one design.

No comments:

Post a Comment